Intel rolled out its NUC 8 Pro “Provo Canyon” line of compact desktops targeted at businesses. These NUCs E3-1220L are designed to be enterprise client desktop role as some models feature Intel vPro and are powered by Intel’s 8th generation processors “Whiskey 00d5048 Lake-U.”
There are currently three models being available in the NUC 8 Pro Mini-PC line up
The current models available are the NUC8V7PN, the NUC8V5PN, and the NUCI3PN. Intel’s Core i7-8665U processor powers NUC8V7PN, and the NUC8V5PN utilizes the Core i5-8365U processor while the NUC8I3PN uses the Core i3-8145U. All three have two chassis types, an H and a K version.
The H version of the chassis features a 2.5-inch drive bay and utilizes a SATA 6 Gbps connection, this version of the chassis measures just 117 mm x 112 mm x 53 mm. The key difference between the H chassis and the K chassis is that the K version lacks the 2.5-inch drive bay, this makes the K chassis measure just 37 mm tall. Each of these models also come in bare-board kits, meaning that you could potentially use any NUC-compatible case.
These systems offer a fair amount of ports:
- Dual HDMI ports
- These HDMI ports are rated for up to HDMI 2.0a, which means they are rated for up to 4K 60Hz, these ports also offer support for HDCP 2.2 and built-in CEC for both ports.
- Thunderbolt 3 port
- This port is located on the back of the chassis, and this port offers support for a DisplayPort connection as well as a USB 3.1 connection.
- Intel i219-LM
- This Ethernet port offers support for 10 / 100 / 1000 Mbps from the RJ45 Ethernet port located on the back of the chassis.
- USB 3.1 ports
- Two USB 3.1 ports are located on the front of the device for easy access.
- There is a single USB 3.1 port located on the back of the device, along with one USB header located internally in the device.
- USB 2.0 ports
- There is a single USB 2.0 port located on the back of the chassis, and there are another two more USB 2.0 headers situated internally.
Below all of these ports, the H version of the chassis has a 2.5-inch drive bay, and this offers for the possibility of easy installation/expansion of the storage on this device.