We review many Lenovo servers here at STH. Today Lenovo is announcing new updated server platforms based on the Intel Xeon E5-2600 V4 family. You can see examples of this with our Lenovo ThinkServer RD550 review and Lenovo ThinkServer RD650 review. We are excited that these platforms are among those in Lenovo’s portfolio that will be upgraded to accept the new Intel XeoN E5-2600 V4 family processors. Here is Lenovo’s press release. e5-2667 v3
Lenovo ThinkServer RD650 FrontMORRISVILLE, NC, – March 31st, 2016 – Lenovo today announced a new set of servers, software, and solutions offerings that will help businesses gain faster insights, simplify IT management, reduce TCO and maximize uptime. Now featuring the latest Intel Xeon series processors, Lenovo servers have achieved six performance world records across virtualization, database, high performance computing, and high frequency trading workloads. In addition, Lenovo continues to be recognized as the #1 x86 server vendor for reliability1 and customer satisfaction.
Lenovo’s enhanced data center offerings include one- and two-socket rack and tower servers, integrated blade systems, dense High Performance Computing (HPC) systems, systems management software, and solutions in partnership with leading ISVs (independent software vendors).
- Optimized systems for small medium businesses (SMBs), remote offices, and distributed environments. The new 1U single-processor System x3250 M6 rack server, based on the Intel Xeon E3-1200 v5 series processors, is designed to support infrastructure workloads such as email, file and print, as well as Retail Point of Sale, and remote office applications.
- Enhanced portfolio to manage workloads for large enterprises to smaller businesses. Optimized for cloud, virtualization, big data and analytics; these servers deliver up to 44% greater CPU performance, 22% more cores, 12% faster memory, up to 23% faster Hadoop performance, and up to 30% faster data encryption than the previous generation for real-time business decision making. With built-in industry-leading reliability and high availability features, these servers help customers maximize uptime. At the same time, they incorporate innovative energy efficient features to help customers save energy costs and reduce TCO.
The refreshed servers include the powerful, highly reliable two-socket 2U System x3650 M5, System x3550 M5, ThinkServer RD450, RD350, ThinkServer TD350, Flex x240 M5, NeXtScale nx360 M5.
Lenovo XClarity for simplified, repeatable infrastructure deployment and management
Now available on all Lenovo dual-processor servers, XClarity simplifies systems management with automated discovery, monitoring, configuration, updating, and power usage optimization. A new option for mobile management enables anytime, anywhere access from mobile devices. XClarity reduces deployment steps by 75%, and deployment time from 60 minutes for non-managed systems to six minutes4, freeing up valuable IT administrator time.
Comprehensive solutions portfolio and enterprise services
Lenovo’s extensive solutions suite includes validated cloud, big data and analytics, database, and virtualization reference architectures. Lenovo enhances two new reference architectures with VMware Software Defined Data Center and Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack to help customers accelerate cloud deployment. Lenovo’s enterprise products and solutions come backed with outstanding worldwide Lenovo services.
You can find more STH launch day coverage here:
- Intel Xeon E5-2600 V4 Line-up and Architectural Overview
- Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 Benchmarks
- Intel Xeon E5-2698 V4 Benchmarks
- Intel DC P3700 and D3600 dual port NVMe
- Intel DC P3520 and DC P3320 NVMe SSDs
Subscribe to STH to get the latest benchmarks and platform reviews as they are published. We have a huge back log of content coming.